Sun, 12 Jul 2020

WELLINGTON, May 27 (Xinhua) -- New Zealand reported no new case of COVID-19 on Wednesday for five consecutive days, with the combined total of confirmed and probable cases staying at 1,504, according to the Ministry of Health.

The total number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 remains at 1,154, which is the number reported to the World Health Organization, said a ministry statement.

The number of people who have recovered from COVID-19 reached 1,462, with 21 cases considered to be active, it said.

The death toll has remained at 21 in the country since May 6, the ministry said.

Currently, there is no one in New Zealand receiving hospital-level care for COVID-19. This follows the discharge of one person from Middlemore, it said.

The NZ COVID Tracer app has now recorded 422,000 registrations. That's an increase of 17,000 since this time on Tuesday.

"We continue to encourage as many people as possible to download the app, as it will help us identify, trace, test and isolate any cases of COVID-19," it said.

Following the launch of NZ COVID Tracer last week, a new mobile app, Āwhina, released by the Ministry of Health on Wednesday will help health workers access the information they need about COVID-19.

Āwhina means health workers will be able to gain quick access to the latest information, such as case definitions, clinical care pathways and Personal Protective Equipment guidance, the ministry said.

More New Zealand News

Access More

Sign up for New Zealand News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!